Put Down The Cake

With an affinity for anything coated in chocolate, and a struggle to balance both my addiction/ambivalence to exercise, I started this blog to help inspire myself (and hopefully others) to put down the food and get moving. If we lose a few pounds along the way, and create some awesome sweat stains in the process, then the rest is, as they say... cake!

Monday, July 26, 2010

The Hillbilly Runner


I am contemplating a purchase. Usually, when a new fitness trend emerges, I take note of it and see if it catches on. Then I make the decision if I'm to buy it. I don't know how many of you have seen these, but I know people who swear by them.
Now, if you know me well, you know that if there's any chance of a possibility that I can duplicate the feel of running barefoot through the ozark mountains I will take it. I mean, come on. I am a hillbilly. I have most of my own teeth, but I have been barefoot on my front lawn with a baby on my hip on MANY occaisions.
But really? I mean, come on. Do these shoes say "you forgot the rest of your gorilla costume" or what? I don't need any more attention drawn to the supersized appendiges at the end of my cankles. I'm kidding. I DO NOT have cankles. I actually have man calves. It's the only part of me that when you look at them, will let you know that I am an athlete. But I digress...
Should I fork out the $90 and purchase these little slices of hillbilly heaven? Or is this a fitness trend that will fade into the night?
Vote in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment