Put Down The Cake

With an affinity for anything coated in chocolate, and a struggle to balance both my addiction/ambivalence to exercise, I started this blog to help inspire myself (and hopefully others) to put down the food and get moving. If we lose a few pounds along the way, and create some awesome sweat stains in the process, then the rest is, as they say... cake!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Run Baby, Run

Go for a run/ walk today. It doesn't have to be even for a mile. If you are by yourself, here's an interesting way to stay entertained. Download the soundtrack to Halloween, and then find a great running trail. As you run, imagine your town has been invaded by zombies/ Michael Myers and you are running to the next town to try to warn everyone and get help. Try it!


If you have to, grab a good friend and just go outside and run like toddlers. Run all out for about 30 seconds flailing your arms and legs with sweet abandon. My husband runs like this anyway, so that's what gave me this idea. If you haven't run in a while, it may take you a while to sustain the speed of a diabolical 2 year old, but I believe you can eventually do it.

Don't try to look like a regular athlete, don't try to look like you know what you are doing, just go outside and have fun. If there are more than one of you, go outside and play tag. It will not only be fun, but hilarious to watch each other. Laughter burns calories too. It's totally win/win. Remember how much fun running was when we were kids (or at least how much we don't remember that it sucked)? I think part of it is because we didn't care what we looked like. We did it as a social activity, we did it because we actually wanted to!

I expect comments and/or pictures of people trying my ideas! Pictures would be so much fun! I may post some if I can find somebody to play tag with me!

running toddler group Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment